Geometrical Tolerancing AuditView enquiry form
What is it?
A review of the use of geometrical tolerancing within your organisation.
This can be carried out as a simple assessment of a number of sample drawings or specifications. A more in-depth audit can also involve written assessments for members of staff, interviews, and analysis of relevant factors such as scrap rates, rework rates, volume of design concessions and change requests, etc
Who is it for?
Manufacturing organisations which wish to ensure they are avoiding the poor quality, high cost and inefficiencies that arise from poor component specification.
What does it cover?
The audit typically examines the following:-
- to what extent are geometrical tolerances being used correctly for component specification?
- to what extent are geometrical tolerances understood and correctly interpreted by production staff and suppliers?
- to what extent are geometrical tolerances understood and correctly interpreted by QC/inspection staff?
- are geometrical tolerances being used inappropriately or incorrectly?
- would there be real and significant benefits from the wider use of geometrical tolerancing techniques?
- are there particular personnel or departments which would benefit from additional training?
The findings and recommendations of the audit are presented to the client along with a written report.